Beautiful Shanghai

Beautiful Shanghai
Isn't it beautiful?

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 5

View From the Pearl Tower...
The two buildings beside the pearl tower

The Pearl Tower


May's thoughts...

Wow! Today we went shopping on our own! Isn't it amazing? We shopped for some gifts for our family... we formed groups of four... Petrina and I grouped up with Megan and Yi Ning, Jasmine. We bought some stuff at some small set-up stalls in the Super Brand Mall. We had to buy our own dinner too! I almost exceeded the budget 30yuan. At the Oriential Pearl Tower, I bought some batteries and they cheated me out of my money, 8 yuan!

At night we went to the River Promenade Night Scene, it was so cooling except for the street sellers... They say that place is romantic so I made up a story...

There was a couple enjoying themselves at the Riverside... suddenly, a street seller popped out... " This one very cheap! 6 yuan only! Buy lah! So cheap!" The girl got the fright of her life and fell into the sea. "OH my darling! U street seller! I will sue u for hurting my darling! I will jump down and u will have to pay for my medical fees, and set up a funeral for us!" The man then jumped into the sea and drowned... Unwanting to pay for everything the streetseller also jumped in! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Actually the girl was still alive.... but when she saw her darling drowning, she also drowned herself...

~THE END~
May ♥♥

Petrina's thoughts...

8th November- Today, we went to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. At 468 metres high, it is the world’s third tallest TV and radio tower. When we took the lift up, we could really feel the pressure in our ears! In the tower, we got to see the magnificent view from above. It was absolutely breathtaking!!!:0

Next, we were given 30 yuan each to buy our own dinner. Together with May, we teamed up with two other P4s, Jasmine and Megan. We then proceeded to the shopping mall’s MacDonald’s for dinner. With the 120 yuan, May and I being the more senior ones, went to order dinner. Having never bought my own dinner (not to mention dinner for others), it seemed like an intimidating task to me! I felt rather nervous and afraid, especially when we had to order the food in Mandarin! Finally, we overcame the language barrier and succeeded in the task of getting us a “sumptuous” dinner.


We ended the evening event with shopping for souvenirs. Within half an hour, the necessary shopping was done. That has been an enjoyable shopping trip for us. : )