Beautiful Shanghai

Beautiful Shanghai
Isn't it beautiful?

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 3


Ancient Costumes

Petrina in the Chinese Calligraphy room


Buddha Statue Made of Porcelain



We are in the Shanghai Museum!




May in front of ancient jugs made of porcelain






Shanghai Museum This is how it looks like












My bag was torn today... LOL . I miss my family and I was crying when I talked to them last night... We went to the Shanghai Museum, their secruity was really high just like in an airport... We saw lots of things, like stuff made from porcelain, clothings an coins used in the past. We performed at Jin xin Primary today. We sang two Singapore Songs, they are 'Where I Belong' and 'Singapore Town' I also bought some stuff for my family... After we ate at anoother hotel's restaurant, we went back to our hotel, walking... on the way back, the rain poured and we were soaked...

May♥♥

Petrina's thoughts...

6 November- Yippee! We went to the Shanghai Museum. It was seven-storey high and has a lot of exhibition halls! Due to time constraint, we managed to visit only a few exhibition halls.

The first hall we visited was one that showcased ceramic and pottery artefacts. They looked rather ancient and we found them fascinating. After that, we went to see the calligraphy artefacts. Most of the words looked like illegible snake-like drawings. They just don’t resemble the normal Chinese characters that we are familiar with. Seeing us at a lost, a lady approached to explain the meanings of the words to us. Though we managed to understand the meaning of each calligraphy stroke, it was tough for us to fully appreciate these exhibits.

Soon it was lunchtime, and we left the museum for JinXin Primary School. After lunch, we proceeded to the field where the rocket competition took place. My gunpowder was damaged and needed a replacement. The competition was about to commence but the teacher-in-charge had yet to give me the replacement! I panicked and told May about it and she advised me to tell the teacher about it again.

The first contestants prepared their rockets for take off. Before we knew it, we heard a loud whooshing sound and the first rocket was fired high up in the sky! Soon it would be my turn but I had yet to receive the new gunpowder! I reminded the teacher again and he decided to swap me to the back of the list and suggested I fire my rocket after watching the water rockets launching. However, I was just too nervous to watch the competition. A few minutes passed (but it seemed like eternity to me), the teacher finally came to fix my rocket. I took a deep breath, pressed the button and … up flew my rocket! It flew high up in the sky! Though the parachute did not eject, guess what? I won the first prize! I was exhilarated and could not wait to burst out the news to my parents!